Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hunger Strike!

Milk... it does the body (politic) good

I thought of something while doing dishes earlier... a way to begin to chip away at the hunger in the world. My mind begins to wander as I poured a glass of milk down the drain. (Mind you I am very conscious about waste in our home, however, occasionally a glass of milk sits out to long for even me to drink.) Anyway... I thought of how many glasses of milk were being poured down drains in America tonight. Say two or three children in each household leave 3 or 4 ounces of milk in their glass...at somewhere near 130,000,000 homes in America, that's a lot of milk! Say every household only disposes of one ounce of milk every evening,(which is a light estimate)that's about 130,000,000 ounces of milk a day. That would go a long way towards staving off world hunger. Now... here's the argument most will say, " what are we going to do, bag up our left-overs and ship them to Africa?" No asshole, we're going to stop being so damned wasteful! It really does make a difference when you think of it as one hundred million ounces of milk... or whatever edible organic matter it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment